Fountain Montessori Pre-school is for young children, the youngest being 12 months and the oldest being 4+ years.
The above statement is taken from the registration document and is the overriding policy in respect of admissions.
Other matters which are taken into account in deciding which child can be offered a place in the nursery school are:
- Availability of spaces taking into account the staff/child ratios, the age of the child and the registration requirements.
- When the application is received (extra weight is given to those who have been on the waiting list longest).
- Our ability to provide the facilities for the welfare of the child.
- The effect on the existing children and staff of the admission of that child.
- A child wanting a full time place will usually have preference over one requiring part time only.
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child’s welfare or his/her family.
- Those children who are siblings of those already with us, or where there is proven existing connection.
We never have, and have no intention in the future of discriminating against any child on the ground of sex, race, religion, colour or creed. The Disability Discrimination Act of 1995 lays down a legal obligation on us to consider those designated disabled or disadvantaged, using as far as possible the same criteria as for all other children. We will in their case, however, carry out an additional review of their individual circumstances and requirements; then assess our ability at Fountain Montessori Pre-school to meet those needs. This is necessary to fulfil our prime objective, a standard of care that ensures the welfare of all the children, all the time.